Friday, August 22, 2008

a Riley for you

I made this card for the Papertake Weekly Challenge. The challenge was to use Katharina's sketch. I used my new Baking Riley stamp that I haven't had a chance to ink up yet. The card base is made using Papertrey's Dark Chocolate cardstock. I then layered powder blue Bazzill cardstock that I embossed using an Ellison texture plate. It doesn't show up very well in the photo. The pattern paper is from the DCWV Spring Glitter matstack.
I stamped Riley in Momento Tuxedo Black and colored him with Copic markers. I added white opal liquid pearls to the cupcakes for icing. I also colored the background with Shimmer Chalks. I really love coloring the background with these and use them on almost every card I make.

Thanks for looking and thanks to all of you who take the time to leave me comments. It means so much!

Have a blessed day!






Supplies: Stamps-Baking Riley (Hanna Stamps), Limitless Labels (Papertrey); Paper-DCWV Spring Glitter matstack, PTI White, Dark Chocolate, Bazzill powder blue; Ink-Momento Tuxedo Black, Palette Burnt Umber, Colorbox Chalk Creamy Brown; Accessories-Copic markers, liquid pearls, shimmer chalks, brad, eyelets, jewelry cord, circle punches, rectange nestibilities, ellison texture plate

4 comments:

Mrs Mayne said...

Great card! Mmmm those cakes look good lol! Fab image! Thanks for joining us fpor the challenge! x

Mandy said...

What a great idea to use Liquid Pearls for icing! Looks yummy! :)

Dawn Wheeler said...

Fabulous card ,stunning papers and detail,Dawnx

Kim Dellow said...

Oh this is so cute. Love the colours and what you have done with the sketch. WHat a cute stamp. Kimx